audio/squeezecenter: .tgz not on Freebsd.org (is on slimdevices.com); perl probs

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 13 20:27:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 02:50:51PM -0400, Chris Shenton wrote:
> The port tries to find the .tgz on FreeBSD.org only, but it does not
> exist.  I found it on slimdevices -- same MD5, SHA256, SIZE:
>
> http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/SqueezeCenter_v7.0.0/squeezecenter-7.0-noCPAN.tgz

There's apparently something non-standard to your ports config because the
only master site is:

MASTER_SITES=	http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/SqueezeCenter_v${PORTVERSION}/

The file is not on freebsd.org or any mirrors because Slim Devices
forbids redistribution.

> After building successfully, it fails to start with some problems in Perl:
>
>   root at PECTOPAH:squeezecenter<130# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/squeezecenter start
>   Starting squeezecenter.
>   Use of uninitialized value in join or string at
>   /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/File/Spec/Unix.pm line 82.
>   Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
>   /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/YAML/Syck.pm line 75.
>   Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
>   /usr/local/squeezecenter/Slim/Utils/Prefs.pm line 265.
>
>   root at PECTOPAH:squeezecenter<131# telnet localhost 9000
>   Trying 127.0.0.1...
>   telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
>
> The first file value is @_, the second is $_, and I can't see the issue
> with the third file.
>
> My perl-fu is pretty rusty so I can't be much use tracking this down.

You've got an out of date port version.  I wasn't deleteing enough
of the included YAML/Syck installation and after a recent update in
ports, the two versions started to conflict in strange ways.  The latest
version of the of squeezecenter is 7.0.1.

-- Brooks