portmaster: upgrade using local packages?

Terry Sposato terry at sucked-in.com
Thu Jun 12 06:14:00 UTC 2008

Doug Barton wrote:
> Angelo Turetta wrote:
>> I'm evaluating portmaster: I cannot find an option to use pre-built
>> packages for upgrading.
>
> At this time there is no such option, and I haven't been able to carve
> out the time to work on it. I noted in your message that you've already
> discovered the -g option. For your particular situation it would
> certainly be conceivable to hack up a quick and dirty script of some
> sort to force updates on the "client" machines for which you have new
> packages, but it's certainly not an ideal solution.
>
> I am interested in adding this feature, so if someone is interested in
> sponsoring the work ....  :)
>

> Doug

Hi Doug,

I have only contributed a couple of ports to FreeBSD so far and would
like to help in any way I can. What exactly would the sponsor need to
provide for you to work on something like this?

--
Regards,

Terry Sposato
terry at sucked-in.com
http://www.sucked-in.com

GnuPG Key  : 0xB7643BC8
Fingerprint: EE92 D9E1 C98E 759F 5991 DFF6 70CE 8936 B764 3BC8