portmaster: upgrade using local packages?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 11 18:23:31 UTC 2008

Angelo Turetta wrote:
> I'm evaluating portmaster: I cannot find an option to use pre-built
> packages for upgrading.

At this time there is no such option, and I haven't been able to carve
out the time to work on it. I noted in your message that you've
already discovered the -g option. For your particular situation it
would certainly be conceivable to hack up a quick and dirty script of
some sort to force updates on the "client" machines for which you have
new packages, but it's certainly not an ideal solution.

I am interested in adding this feature, so if someone is interested in
sponsoring the work ....  :)

Doug