devel/gettext notification in /usr/ports/UPDATING

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Fri Jun 6 14:12:45 UTC 2008

I don't really understand why it's there and why it's recommending to rebuild
all ports.

I have 761 ports installed, but only 173 of them depend on gettext, so why should
I reinstall more than 530 ports that don't need to be rebuild.

What's even worse according to my shell-script pkg_libchk not a single one of
the 173 ports depending on gettext needs to be rebuild because of libintl.

So, why recommend me to rebuild more than 700 packages when exactly 0 need to
be rebuilt?