Commiting new ports

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 5 23:38:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 12:56:48AM +0200, Nikolaj Thygesen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I hope this is the right list to ask this question. I recently
> commited a new port, and received two messages from "ports." The first
> one noted that a person had assigned the port to himself, and the second
> mail simply stated that the PR went from "open" to "closed" due to
> "feedback timeout." I reckon this means the port was rejected, but have
> no clue for what reason. Was I supposed to supply any kind of feedback
> somewhere??

I would suggest following up with the person who closed the PR (which I
assume was the same person it was assigned to).  There is a good chance
the feedback request was not seen by you for any number of reasons.
Lastly, the feedback being requested should also be in the audit-trail
of the PR if possible, so you may be able to look there if you have not
already.

Without more information I'm afraid we can't help you further.  We would
need, at a minimum, the PR number to follow up.

-- WXS