linux-flashplugin9 Restricted?

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 21:46:29 UTC 2008

Derek Graham schreef:
> from freshports.org:
>>> 2006-04-08
>>> Affects: users of www/linux-flashplugin*
>>> Author: hrs at FreeBSD.org
>>> Reason:
>>> These ports have been removed because the End User License Agreement
>>> explicitly forbids to run the Flash Player on FreeBSD.
>>> For more details, see
>>> http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/license/desktop/.
> I found this odd, I remember seeing an email from adobe someone posted that
> said that they do not support freebsd but they do not forbid users to use
> flash if they can get it working.  I personally think this is insane we need
> a good alternative to flash9, more sites are using flash9 and flash7 is
> becoming useless. Is there a alternative in ports that supports flash ver 9?

I'm using swfdec-plugin at the moment, because the Linux flashplugin doesn't really
work with native Firefox.  I've also tried gnash (version 0.7.1), but that crashed
too often, causing X to crash too.  swfdec-plugin works reasonably here.

HTH,
Rene
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6 (subkeys.pgp.net)