port ezload (linux: fxload) unmaintained?

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 12:40:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Steve Franks <stevefranks at ieee.org> wrote:
> I proposed some changes to ezload in march.  I've not heard from the
> maintainer or author, and the download site is offline today.

It is up an running now:

     http://proj.bpsw.biz/ezload/
     http://proj.bpsw.biz/ezload/downloads/

> ezload is important because it loads firmware on usb devices, many of
> which are fairly common.  unfortunately, support for newer (< 3-4
> years old) devices still has not been added.
>
> The linux people use something called fxload instead, which supports
> the new devices, but is pretty much identical functionally.
>
> A one line change to the source will support the new devices (at least
> those I possess).
>
> What should one do in this situation?

Did you submit a PR? If the port maintainer and program author are
missing then I suggest you to take the torch.

--
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only
because you lack sufficient imagination.