compile failure _www/mod_python3/work/mod_python-3.3.1._SOLVED

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Sun Jul 27 16:15:55 UTC 2008

On Sunday 27 July 2008 08:21:56 Remko Lodder wrote:
> David Southwell wrote:

> >> Strange you should say that because I was asking myself the same
> >> question. I am just doing a portupgrade -fr apache. I will report
> >> results when finished.
> >>
> >> David
> >>
> >> BTW
> >>
> >> I would have thought, if that is the case, that mod_python would have
> >> reported a dependency error. The other thing is that we were doing an
> >> upgrade from the earlier version which was working fine.. So I doubt
> >> whether that is the cause of the error.
> >
> > Well after a massive recompile of portupgrade -fr apache-2.2.9
> > mod_python3 compiled and installed fine. So problem is solved, the
> > solution to the problem known,  but the source of the problem undefined
> > !!!
> >
> > Thnaks all
> >
> > David
> >
> > David
>
> Well lets not make a biggy out of that. Obviously things changed in your
> machine, different dependencies and such, so undefined but probably
> something you caused yourself. You fixed it, so be happy and enjoy the
> nice (at least here) weekend :D
>
> Cheers
> Remko
Thanks mate..

We were both thinking similar thoughts.. one thing that makes your comment v.
appropriate is that this sytem has recently been upgraded from 6.3 to 7.0
maybe one of the libraries did not get properly updated. I think that was why
I felt upgrading -fr was appropriate.

The weather is really good - I have been out enjoying the sun and strimming
the weeds!!

David