Help for a problematic port to replace biology/nab

M. L. Dodson mldodson at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 23:56:18 UTC 2008

I am the maintainer of biology/nab and asked that it be marked
deprecated several months ago.  I just filed a PR to have it removed.

Nab has been superseded by AmberTools (also by the nab developers).  I
have the current version of AmberTools building with no problems from
within a skeleton port.  The problem (and I do not see any solution)
is that AmberTools assumes that it will be built in its final
installed location.  This location is hardwired throughout the
compiled code.  The build process fails spectacularly if you specify
some other location, then move the built code and data.

Is there some secret method to handle such ports for which I do not
possess the magical decoder ring?  Any help would be appreciated.

Bud Dodson
--
M. L. Dodson
Email:	mldodson-at-comcast-net