Vlc

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:05:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Okalany Daniel <daniel at one2net.co.ug> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 3:01 AM, Rafaël Carré <rafael.carre at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > If you feel so, you can make all these options conditional on WITHOUT_X
>> > and send me a patch ;)
>> >
>> > i.e. for skins2 that would be:
>> > .if defined(WITH_SKINS) && !defined(WITHOUT_SKINS) &&
>> > !defined(WITHOUT_X)

>> > yep

>> > These days this option has no effect, it's now named skins2.
>> > --disable-skins2 should solve your problem
>> >
>> > --disable-freetype will build a skins2 interface without freetype
>> > support, but I guess it will fail to build anyway because it needs X11

>> > These are the skins2 files
>>
>> Actually if you read through ./configure --help not all options are
>> enabled. I just picked the ones that weren't enabled. I may have
>> missed the --without-skins2 option though :\...
>> -Garrett
>
> Thanks alot guys.. The options that worked for me ( to install text only
> vlc) are:
> ./configure --disable-x11 --disable-xvideo --disable-glx --disable-sdl
> --disable-sd --disable-wxwidgets --disable-skins2 --disable-freetype
> --disable-mad --disable-ffmpeg

Hi,
     I'm contacting you because you are listed as the maintainer on
Freshports for the multimedia/vlc port for FreeBSD.
     The user cited above, Okalany, was interested in compiling VLC
without X11 support to act as a multimedia server, but currently the
port doesn't allow for that type of functionality at this time.
     However, Okalany was able to get the source to compile without
X11 using the above options to configure (don't believe the
--disable-mad and --disable-ffmpeg options are required, but you
probably know better than us about that :)...), so we were wondering
whether or not the port could be modified to add a WITHOUT_X11 knob.
Thanks and we hope to hear back from you soon,
-Garrett, Okalany, et all