Porttools and running 'port test'

Naram Qashat cyberbotx at cyberbotx.com
Mon Jul 21 17:19:41 UTC 2008

I'm not sure if it's porttools at fault here or my own system (or even where I
have my files), but it seems like every other time I run a 'port test' on a
port, the permissions on the files being extracted are coming out wrong.  For
instance, configure scripts are lacking their +x, even though they have it in
the tarball they are being extracted from.  I don't have this problem with real
ports in the ports tree, just when I run 'port test' from my separate
repository.  I do wonder if it's because my repository is owned by my user
(cyberbotx) but I run 'port test' as root.  Any help on the matter would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Naram Qashat