Nexuiz-2.4.2 Server Browser and sockets "sendto" error

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 16 10:59:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 05:54:46PM -0700, Mike Derouen wrote:
> I have recently installed the nexuiz-2.4.2 port and the single player game
> works great.  The multiplayer mode, however, is not working properly.  When
> i look at the server browser, there aren't any games listed, and I don't see
> a way to add servers or refresh the list.  I also keep getting this sockets
> error in the console:
>
> "LHNET_Write: sendto returned error: Address family not supported by
> protocol family"

Chances are whatever this software is, is attempting to use a custom
socket type over TCP/IP which FreeBSD doesn't have support for.

The error in question is EAFNOSUPPORT.  You can Google for it.

> Does anybody have an idea of how to fix this?

Contact the authors of the software?  :-)