portupgrade fails to upgrade the package because the older version is installed

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Sun Jul 13 18:09:18 UTC 2008

on 12/07/2008 01:01 Sergey Matveychuk said the following:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> on 10/07/2008 11:18 Yuri said the following:

>>> No, command "portupgrade -o www/neon28 neon subversion" causes the same
>>> error message itself.
>>
>> Manually deinstall neon26 (you might want to create a backup with
>> pkg_create -b) and then install neon28 and then proceed as usual with
>> subversion.
>> portupgrade -o seems to be broken.
>>

> Really?

Yes. At least for me. When I reported the issue I got now follow-ups -
nobody said that it works for them and nobody said that they see the
same issue.

> Are you sure you use 2.4.3_2 version?

Yes.
$ ls -d /var/db/pkg/portupgrade-2.4.3_2,2
/var/db/pkg/portupgrade-2.4.3_2,2
$ portupgrade
portupgrade 2.4.3 (2008/02/10)

usage: portupgrade ...

> Anyway using -o should be only with one port. It may work not as you
> expected.

I did exactly that.
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?486CE29D.6020400
Please note that the message linked contains a further link to an older
report and discussion thread.

--
Andriy Gapon