portupgrade to Perl 5.10.0 ??

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Sat Jul 12 09:07:34 UTC 2008

On Friday 11 July 2008 14:30:11 Remko Lodder wrote:
> David Southwell wrote:

> >> It also doesn't imply that you can "demand" that people import 5.10.0
> >> because you want it, need it or whatever. It does mean that probably
> >> work is underway but that it stalled or something for a reason.
> >>
> >> "thanks"
> >> remko
> >
> > I have hear no demand from anyone  only reasonable curiosity following
> > six months delay. It is:
> > 1. reasonable to ask when
> > 2. Courteous to give a reply.
> >
> > David
> >
> > David
>
> And I told that you are entitled to do so, but your 'between the lines'
> stated more then just a question, which I ofcourse can understand.
>
> You have had your reply: I think work is underway, we do not know when
> it's available, but it will be as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks,
> remko
Here is a full and verbatim copy of my original posting that started this
thread.
Subject: portupgrade to Perl 5.10.0 ??
 From: David Southwell <david at vizion2000.net>
 To: freebsd-ports at freebsd.org

Hi

Just wondered when an upgrade to 5.10.0 could be expected.

David

Are you seriously telling me you "understand" something "between the lines" in
that?

Come on -- smile a little...and I hope you will find a more constructive &
creative use for magination than that!!!

I do not think it is unreasonable to say the original posting was straight
forward and certainly cast no aspersions. The same thing cannot be said of
some responses.

I wonder whether someone could endeavour to answer the original question
constructively rather than defensively.

David