Help request to undestand the portmon report

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Fri Jul 11 10:34:07 UTC 2008

On Friday 11 July 2008, Rodrigo OSORIO (ros) said:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just take a quick look at the portmon report about my first port
> submit, omegaT[1], a translation memory editor. As I can see,
> portmon reports a 'failed to build' state for the amd64-8-latest
> environment, but if I took a close look, the log file looks ok (the
> port and the pakage was build without errors).
>
> My question is why portmon think an error occurs during the build
> (maybe something wrong is hide in the log). And how can I fix this
> situation to avoid unnecesary problems reported for the port tree.
>
> Thanks for your answers.
> Rodrigo OSORIO

=== Checking filesystem state
list of filesystem changes from before and after port installation and
deinstallation
usr/local/share/java/apache-ant/bin/antRun changed
	permissions expected 0555 found 0444

Your port seems to be changing file permissions of another port.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html