FreeBSD Port: quagga-0.99.9_7

Daniel Dvořák dandee at hellteam.net
Fri Jul 4 00:21:09 UTC 2008

Hi Boris,

I am sorry for my late answer. I was on holidays.

>I remember Makefile has ENABLE_VTY_GROUP knob, so You may use it. Is it what You need?

egrep "ENABLE_VTY_GROUP" /usr/ports/net/quagga/Makefile
.if defined(ENABLE_VTY_GROUP)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--enable-vty-group=${ENABLE_VTY_GROUP}
        @${ECHO} "ENABLE_VTY_GROUP  Specify group for vty socket ownership"

But it seems it is not enabled, isn´t it ?

I'm not sure if this is it, but I would like to behave the quagga in Debian (Linux) and FreeBSD consistently.

In contrast, FreeBSD, Linux also has a file named quagga in the directory /etc/pam.d/.

This file is not in FreeBSD in directory /usr/local/etc/pam.d or /etc/pam.d, which I would in the case of second option even understand.

Perhaps to FreeBSD is not needed, but then what exactly in the table the options of quagga when compiling means the possibility of "PAM PAM authentication for vtysh" ?

However, the aim is this:

I have an user XXX and I want him to give sufficient privileges to manipulate the quagga. I do not want to give him permission through sudo or through su commands. In addition, I want in order to when in the vtysh.conf file, the user XXX is set with the possibility of nopassword, vtysh not ask me for a password to the quagga.

Sh interpreter is preset to FreeBSD systems, so that the goal is for these above-mentioned conditions, to run vtysh straight and asks for nothing.

So far, only what the user see the error message:

> Vtysh
Exiting: failed to connect to any daemons.

I do not know how to do, to ask me, but the goal is identical behavior quagga on FreeBSD to Linux systems and that´s all, not more and not less.

Thank you.

Regards,
Daniel