Upgrading xorg 6.9 to 7.3 -- what happened to xorg-upgrade?

Parish parish at magichamster.com
Thu Jan 31 17:02:11 PST 2008

Bob Willcox wrote:
> No, I'm not interested in the script(1) part. I am familiar with script
> but wasn't interested in using it here. What I want is the xorg-upgrade
> program that is used to move a bunch of x11 files to new places for the
> 7.x version.

xorg-upgrade is the file that script(1) spews all the output into so, if
the upgrade fails, you've got all the info to work out why (which is why
UPDATING suggests using script(1)). IIRC when I did the 6.9 -> 7.x
upgrade xorg-upgrade ended up being something like 30MB!!

  From script(1):

   script [-akq] [-t time] [file [command ...]]

[...]

   If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file.

HTH

Regards,

Mark