HOW-TO get Flash7 working!

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Sat Jan 12 04:10:23 PST 2008

Hello Chuck,

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:54:31 -0500 Chuck Robey wrote:

> As an example, the
> flash9 plugin needed a linux lib, libdl.so (I think it was .so.2).  If I

I wrote the port which installs libdl.so.2, so I guess I should
respond...

> wanted to be complete, it really needed about twenty different libraries,
> but libdl.so will serve as an example well enough).  It had been installed
> in some subdir of /usr/local/lib.

Are you sure that you didn't use some non-default paths to install a
linux_base port? I'm asking the question because:
-----
% locate libdl.so
/usr/compat/linux/lib/libdl.so.2
% pkg_info -W /compat/linux/lib/libdl.so.2
/compat/linux/lib/libdl.so.2 was installed by package linux_base-fc-4_10
-----

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)