nginx upstream_fair module patch

Vsevolod Stakhov vsevolod at highsecure.ru
Wed Feb 27 12:04:44 UTC 2008

Ryan Tomayko wrote:
> Hello Sergey,
>
> There is an experimental module for nginx that adds fair upstream/proxy
> balancing (note that this is a "third party" patch, not an optional
> nginx module):
>
>     http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpUpstreamFairModule
>
> We've modified the nginx port to include the patch and added a knob for
> enabling it. I wasn't sure if this was something that's acceptable to
> include in the official nginx port but I've attached a patch in case
> you're interested.
>
> The patch should apply cleanly with:

I don't think that it is a good idea to have 3-rd party code as FreeBSD
ports patches (ports patches are FreeBSD specific code). I think it
would be better to have some directive for enabling extra modules for
nginx and make subports for such modules, in the similar way as php
ports for example.
Here is a small patch. Maybe this should be better done using OPTIONS.