portmaster did not replace port

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Fri Feb 22 23:52:48 UTC 2008

Doug Barton wrote:
> Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am trying to use portmaster to replace installed GnuPG 2 with GnuPG 1.
>>portmaster -o security/gnupg1 gnupg-2.0.4
>>
>>But it always ends with gnupg-2.0.4 re-installed again, so now I have
>>both versions installed. Is it possible to use portmaster for this task?
>

> It certainly should be. :) I made a last-minute optimization in the
> "detect which port we're working on" code and while I special-cased
> the -o code in one place, I forgot to do it in the other, resulting in
> the behavior you're seeing. The attached patch should fix this up for
> you, I've tested it specifically with gnupg going from 2->1 and back
> again.
>
> Please let me know if this works for you, and I'll be committing a new
> version with this patch pretty much right away.

===>>> Upgrade of gnupg-2.0.4 to gnupg-1.4.8 complete

Nice. Thank you for your quick response and fix!

And one more question:
devel/pth
security/libassuan
security/libksba
were installed as gnupg-2 dependencies, now registered as inherited
dependencies for SpamAssassin.
Is there any "right" way to remove those libraries and dependency
records from /var/db/pkg?

# pkg_info -R pth-2.0.7 libassuan-1.0.4 libksba-1.0.2
Information for libassuan-1.0.4:

Information for libksba-1.0.2:
Required by:
p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.4_2