TrueCrypt 5.0 - Built, short test result: Ok.

Michael Ross michael.ross at gmx.net
Wed Feb 13 02:04:49 PST 2008

Am 13.02.2008, 08:23 Uhr, schrieb Andrey Chernov <ache at nagual.pp.ru>:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 08:02:08AM +0100, Michael Ross wrote:
>> In fact, if I create a volume with keyfile but without password,
>> truecrypt throws
>> 	ParameterIncorrect at TrueCrypt::Pkcs5Kdf::ValidateParameters:64
>> at me.
>
> BTW, 5.0a is already out.

I tried it, and the keyfile thingy seems resolved.

Port at http://www.triplefork.net/truecrypt.tgz has updated checksums.

Still does not work with GELI, even if neither the partition holding the
container, the source partition of the file to copy into it nor the mount
point are actually encrypted.

It worked for the 495-Byte file I used in my first test, but anything
bigger calls for the power switch. Can't be bothered to play more with it
right now, 4 times fsck a day is good enough.

Michael