musicpd ioctl sign-extension on amd64

Steven Schlansker stevenschlansker at berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 13 04:53:27 UTC 2008

Hello Ports-
I have installed musicpd-0.13.0_1 from ports on my
FreeBSD universe.stevenschlansker.is-a-geek.org 7.0-PRERELEASE FreeBSD
7.0-PRERELEASE #2: Fri Jan 11 15:39:39 PST 2008     root at universe.stevenschlansker.is-a-geek.org
:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/UNIVERSE  amd64

box.  It repeatedly emits the following error messages in dmesg:

WARNING pid 949 (mpd): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffc0045005
WARNING pid 949 (mpd): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffc0045006
WARNING pid 949 (mpd): ioctl sign-extension ioctl ffffffffc0045002

I have googled around a bit and it looks like this is an issue with an
int being passed in to ioctl() when a long is appropriate on amd64.
It seems like it should be an easy fix, but I think it's in a shared
library - I looked over the musicpd source code and the only ioctl I
saw seemed ok.  Either way I couldn't find it myself and don't have my
box properly set up to debug this sort of problem.