TrueCrypt 5.0 - Built, short test result: Ok.

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:26:51 PST 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 2:27 PM, Michael Ross <michael.ross at gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 10.02.2008, 20:05 Uhr, schrieb Sergey Matveychuk <sem at FreeBSD.org>:
>
> > You should patch the file to include ucontext.h
> > But even if it'll be build, nobody guarantee it works.
>
> Done. Builds. On 7.0-PRERELEASE, by the way.

Builds fine on 7.0-RC2 too.

[snip]

> Maybe someone would download
>         http://www.triplefork.net/test.tc (64K)
> and try with password "test" on a different platform.

I've noticed what looks like a problem when creating a file-based
volume (could be for all volume types - I haven't tried creating a
device volume).  If I select password AND keyfile during the volume
creation, the creation process finishes without throwing any errors,
but the volume that is created does not require the keyfile to
open/mount.  In fact, it fails to open/mount if I try to use the
keyfile and password use during creation, but works fine if I just use
the password.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?  I will attempt to reproduce on the
Linux-build of this version as well to check and see if it has the
same problem.