cacti broken in 6.3?

Helmut Schneider jumper99 at gmx.de
Fri Feb 1 03:13:41 PST 2008

Edwin Groothuis <edwin at mavetju.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 11:33:37PM +0100, Helmut Schneider wrote:
>> Edwin Groothuis <edwin at mavetju.org> wrote:
>> >
>> >Silly question from me maybe: did you recompile the net-snmp and
>> >phpX-snmp libraries?
>>
>> Yes, I forced a portupgrade of net-snmp-5.3.2_1 and php5-snmp-5.2.5_1
>> and I  even completly removed cacti, .*PHP.* and .*snmp.* and did a
>> 'portinstall -Rf cacti'. I also tried with cacti 0.8.7 and 0.8.6j. I
>> also  dropped the cacti database and recreated it.
>>
>> Does your question imply that you are running cacti on 6.3 without
>> problems?
>
> No, but I have planned an upgrade of a lot of machines this weekend,
> including one which runs Cacti :-)
>
> The only reason I wondered if net-snmp was recompiled is because
> it takes some low-level things like CPU usage and memory, so I
> thought maybe it is related.

I'm a bit concerned as I can't reproduce the problem on a freshly installed
6.3. Currently I'm rebuilding *all* ports on the system (the cacti server
itself is the problem, not the clients) and if that doesn't help I will
rebuild the userland, too.

When you upgraded your servers it would be nice to know if it worked for
you, or not. I did the upgrade using freebsd-update.

Helmut

--
No Swen today, my love has gone away
My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn