ptmalloc2 to be updated with ptmalloc3

Pedro Giffuni pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 00:30:31 UTC 2008

Hello;

I am the maintainer of devel/ptmalloc. The only port that (conditionally) uses ptmalloc is XaraLX, but it is an interesting port for reference/benchmarking reasons since ptmalloc2 is the version used by glibc (and therefore linux).

I will be updating the ptmalloc port to version 3 because it has much better performance as suggested here:
    http://www.nedprod.com/programs/portable/nedmalloc/

XaraLX works fine with ptmalloc3. I have no interest in maintaining the older ptmalloc2 but if someone wants to maintain it for some reason we can arrange a repocopy from devel/ptmalloc to devel/ptmalloc2.

cheers,

    Pedro.