Suggest a patch to devel/valgrind/Makefile

Alexander Churanov alexanderchuranov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 23:53:06 UTC 2008

Hi folks!

Recently I started downloading distfiles for my ports collection in a jail
and got following issue: the "devel/valgrind" port failed to fetch with a
message like "procfs is not mounted". However, the /proc was mounted and
accessible. Additionally, I do not understand why port does not allow me to
fetch sources and how that relates to /proc.

I've examined the Makefile and found the soultion to the first problem: it
uses /sbin/mount to determine whether procfs is mounted. However, in a jail
/sbin/mount does not show /proc. The solution is not to query /sbin/mount,
but instead use "stat" to examine the actual status of the filesystem.

The attached patch does exactly that.

Alexander Churanov