pkg_add feature proposal

Anton - Valqk lists at lozenetz.org
Mon Aug 25 11:56:11 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I've just got an Idea (maybe others had it too?).

When doing pkg_add [-r] wouldn't it be better if pkg_add checks if _all_
dependent packages exists and checksums are ok (after downloaded if with
-r), etc. checks _before_ installing the packages, because if you get
3-4 packages broken/missing when one package depends on 30-40 (X apps
etc.) you should delete all already installed...

I've got this problem when did pkg_add -r mod_musicindex and for some
reason mod_musicindex didn't build the flac and libogg when
$> make package-recursive
specified.
When the pkg_add get to these packages and they were not found on the
web server, I've had to delete all installed packages by hand... uhh...

so, what would you say about that?

thanks!

cheers,
valqk.