amule 2 port - trying an upgrade

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 13:45:09 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru> wrote:
> I'll check this out in couple of days. Usually what you do is send-pr
> the patch - this way it's easier to track who's responsible for
> procesing it.

I know about send-pr :) And I intend to snd-pr the patch, but I was
hoping to get it in working shape first. That's why I am asking for
help here.
I have figured out another thing. according to the aMule wiki[1],
aMule needs flex 2.5.35, and the port installs it as a build
dependency.
However, the old flex is still there:
root at kg-vm# which flex
/usr/bin/flex
root at kg-vm# /usr/bin/flex --version
/usr/bin/flex version 2.5.4
root at kg-vm# /usr/local/bin/flex --version
flex 2.5.35

and it looks like configure pick up the old flex:
root at kg-vm# grep flex work/a*/config.log
configure:4647: checking for flex
configure:4663: found /usr/bin/flex
configure:4673: result: flex
configure:4837: flex conftest.l
configure:8884: checking for extended flex capabilities
configure:8898: Your flex version doesn't support --header-file flag.
This is not critical, but an upgrade is recommended
ac_cv_prog_LEX=flex
LEX='flex'

How do I tell the prt to usethe flex in /usr/local/bin?

Anyway, I'll test and see if this is the problem.
Some time passes.. no, that didn't make a difference.I renamed
/usr/bin/flex to flex.old and configure picks up the new flex, but man
pages still won't install. :-(