gcc34 doesn't build on 7.0-STABLE/amd64

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Fri Aug 22 08:58:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Thomas Hummel wrote:
> for some long time now, gcc34 doesn't build on FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE
> (GENERIC kernel) amd64 :

This is the first and only report on this I have ever seen, including
the (successful) builds on the FreeBSD build cluster.

FreeBSD versions as old as this version of GCC are out of support, and I
really recommend to use more up-to-date versions of GCC. Still, I tried
to look into this but failed to find anything.  I guess the question is
whether you do also see this with the latest -STABLE or 7.0-RELEASE.  If
not, I'd venture it must be some problem in -STABLE.  Otherwise, likely
something peculiar to your environment?

Gerald