amule 2 port - trying an upgrade

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 21:32:30 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Alexey Shuvaev
<shuvaev at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
> Port system does not install man pages for you. This should be done
> by the build scripts in the distribution tarball. You should probably look at
> various Makefiles* and/or configure script.

Yes, I know. I  have looked at the  various Makefiles and the
configure scripts. It looks like tha man pages should be installed,
but for some reason they don't, and I don't understand why

> FYI, the port failed to patch with your diff:

Strange it worked here. Maybe I messed up something.

Anyway, I have made a new diff (attached).
And this time I have testedc it on a fresh copy of the ports
directory. It applies fine.

In this version, I just try to get the english man pages insalled, to
simplify my searc for bugs. Still the problen is the same: the ports
own "install system" (Makefiles, autmake, whatever) doesn't want to
install any other man paes than xas.1 and I don't understand why.
Of course this means that the FreeBSD ports system can't find the man
pages when it tries to gzip them.

Any hints welcome.
--
Regards,