SETI/BOINC problems

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Mon Aug 18 00:26:43 UTC 2008

> Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET writes:
>
> >  	Even though you hijacked the thread, can you mention WHAT you
> >  	upgraded?
>
> 	Which was not the intention.  pav is the listed aintainer for
> boinc-client, which was upgraded within the last seven days.  I do
> not believe boinc-setiathome-enhanced (my only boinc client) has
> been upgraded for about 10 weeks.
>
> >  boinc-setiathome? boinc-setiathome-enhanced?
> >  boinc-setiathome-naparst? Did you switch from 1 to another? What
> >  is the contents of your
> >  /var/db/boinc/projects/setiathome.berkeley.edu/app_info.xml file?
>
> huff@>> more /var/db/boinc/projects/setiathome.berkeley.edu/app_info.xml
> /var/db/boinc/projects/setiathome.berkeley.edu/app_info.xml: No such file or directory

	So whats under /var/db/boinc/projects? It should have something
to the tune of setiathome.berkeley.edu .

	Usually I've seen that error when there wasn't an app_info.xml to
tell the server not to identify me as freebsd, but an "anonymous" platform.

	Then again, I'm still running on boinc-client-5.10.32_2 (X11 enabled,
ALT disabled). It looks like the system may have also given your computer a
new identifier. If you go onto the SETI website, do you see anything about
the same computer with different information?

	BTW: My help isn't to supplant Rene or Pav, just trying to help out on
things I am not totally "cluefully impaired" about. (And the fact *I've* bugged
them both enough about things so trying to help out where I can. ;) )

			Tuc