FreeBSD unmaintained ports which are currently marked broken

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 21:36:34 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 8:32 AM,  <linimon at freebsd.org> wrote:
> As part of an ongoing effort to reduce the number of problems in
> the FreeBSD ports system, we periodically notify users of ports
> that are marked as "broken" in their Makefiles. [...]

> portname:           japanese/lyx
> broken because:     Does not compile with GCC 4.2
> build errors:       none.
> overview:           http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=japanese&portname=lyx

I suggest to remove this port. Lyx 1.0.3 will unlikely compile with
recent versions of GCC. We better to concentrate on updating the
print/lyx package whose version (1.4.5.1) is far behind the current
version of LyX (1.5.6) that supports 23 languages, according to

     http://www.lyx.org/announce/1_5_6.txt

(CC to the LyX maintainer)

--
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only
because you lack sufficient imagination.