FreeBSD Port: netbeans-6.0.1

funkyrod at gmail.com funkyrod at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:05:13 UTC 2008

Dear olgeni at FreeBSD

Not sure if this is the right protocol, but assuming you're the port committer
for Netbeans I'm just passsing on some information which will be helpful for
FreeBSD netbeans users.

I've found two issues:

- Rich client platform (Netbeans Module) applications won't run within the
IDE, they only run as JNLP (webstart) applications.

- The profiler doens't work with FreeBSD

The first of these can be fixed with the following change :
change /usr/local/netbeans/harness/run.xml to include (add FreeBSD if running
on FreeBSD as shown below). This would also be relevant for a Netbeans 6.1
update:

<target name="run" depends="-prepare-as-app,-prepare-as-platform">
<property name="run.args" value=""/>
<property name="run.args.extra" value=""/>
<exec os="Windows NT Windows 95 Windows 98 Windows 2000 Windows 2003 Windows
XP Windows NT (unknown) Windows Vista" executable="${run.exe}"
failonerror="yes">
<arg value="--jdkhome"/>
<arg file="${run.jdkhome}"/>
<arg line="${run.args.common}"/>
<arg line="${run.args.prepared}"/>
<arg line="${run.args}"/>
<arg line="${run.args.extra}"/>
</exec>
<exec os="Linux SunOS Solaris FreeBSD Mac OS X" dir="." executable="sh"
failonerror="yes">
<arg value="${run.sh}"/>
<arg value="--jdkhome"/>
<arg file="${run.jdkhome}"/>
<arg line="${run.args.common}"/>
<arg line="${run.args.prepared}"/>
<arg line="${run.args}"/>
<arg line="${run.args.extra}"/>
</exec>
</target>

I don't know how to get the profiler to work, but to be able to run and debug
Rich Client Platform apps within the IDE on FreeBSD makes it a much more
viable platform for Netbeans. Would be great to get the profiler working.