linux_base-f8 giving me guff

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Apr 29 09:06:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 06:32:17PM -0400, Anish Mistry wrote:
>On Monday 28 April 2008, Walter Venable wrote:
>> /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-f8 $ sudo make
>> ===>  linux_base-f8-8_3 compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2 is not
>> supported. *** Error code 1
>read /usr/ports/UPDATING

/usr/ports/UPDATING documents issues that may be encountered when
_updating_ ports.  Walter appears to be installing a new port from
scratch.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:54:32AM +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:
>linux_base-f8 is not supported for FreeBSD-6.x and a very experimantal
>for FreeBSD-7.x.

There's nothing in linux_base-f8 that suggests this.  Rather pkg-descr
states "It is designed to provide a nice user experience by using the
FreeBSD configuration for corresponding Linux stuff where possible."
(I presume this was just copied from the fc4 pkg-descr).

--
Peter Jeremy