FBSD 7, Gnome2-lite port broken

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Sun Apr 20 23:24:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 00:17 +0200, Alexey Shuvaev wrote:
> plain text document attachment (gstscrpt)
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 05:16:43AM +1000, Da Rock wrote:
> > I've tried checking as far as my knowledge will allow the reason for
> > this error, but its got me beat. I was installing the above port, and
> > the config screen came up for one of its dependencies surrounding
> > ghostscript I believe where it said "don't be stingy on the options
> > selected as another port might need it later". So I checked them all as
> > I probably will need them all at some point in the future. Also to note
> > here there was a majority already selected to begin with.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I can't find that screen again to uncheck some options,
> > and I think its ghostscript-gpl which is failing. It errors on not
> > finding vga.h and lvga.h files. So I installed all src's from
> > sysinstall, but NG.
> >

> It seems that you have checked lvga256 and vgalib options in
> ghostscript-gpl configuration dialog. This dialog is not the
> standart port's OPTIONS dialog and it doesn't remember the options you
> have choosen between builds. So, to fix the build:
>
> cd /usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gpl
> make clean
> make install
>
> Once you are in this dialog again, just go on with the defaults.
>
> BTW, can someone more experienced comment on reasons to have non-standard
> configure script? Possibly related: are there any non-trivial reasons
> to have ghostscript (rather significant for many other ports) maintained
> by ports@ ? Or are there just no volunteers?

Thank god! I got that dialog again...

Thanks for that bit of saving info. But I think the more important
question here is why does it say go nuts with the options submitted
(which you can't go back and make config) if there's these traps in
there. Perhaps it should say don't change them unless you know what
you're in for (or doing)?

Cheers!