FBSD 7, Gnome2-lite port broken

Alexey Shuvaev shuvaev at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Sun Apr 20 22:43:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 05:16:43AM +1000, Da Rock wrote:
> I've tried checking as far as my knowledge will allow the reason for
> this error, but its got me beat. I was installing the above port, and
> the config screen came up for one of its dependencies surrounding
> ghostscript I believe where it said "don't be stingy on the options
> selected as another port might need it later". So I checked them all as
> I probably will need them all at some point in the future. Also to note
> here there was a majority already selected to begin with.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't find that screen again to uncheck some options,
> and I think its ghostscript-gpl which is failing. It errors on not
> finding vga.h and lvga.h files. So I installed all src's from
> sysinstall, but NG.

It seems that you have checked lvga256 and vgalib options in
ghostscript-gpl configuration dialog. This dialog is not the
standart port's OPTIONS dialog and it doesn't remember the options you
have choosen between builds. So, to fix the build:

cd /usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gpl
make clean
make install

Once you are in this dialog again, just go on with the defaults.

BTW, can someone more experienced comment on reasons to have non-standard
configure script? Possibly related: are there any non-trivial reasons
to have ghostscript (rather significant for many other ports) maintained
by ports@ ? Or are there just no volunteers?

Alexey.