cvsup4 seems to be badly constipated

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Apr 18 23:24:02 UTC 2008

> From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger at mac.com>
> Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:23:22 -0700
>
> On Apr 18, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > Don't know if this is the appropriate place for this report, but
> > cvsup4
> > seems to be permanently saying that too many users are logged in and
> > try again later. Been that wat for about a day.
>
> Seems to be working fine, here:

>  >>> Running /usr/local/bin/cvsup
> Connected to cvsup4.FreeBSD.org
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
>   Edit src/contrib/gcc/config/i386/freebsd64.h
> [ ... ]

How odd. I still see only:
ptavv# csup -L2 /root/ports-supfile
Parsing supfile "/root/ports-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup4.freebsd.org
Cannot connect to 2001:4f8:0:2::e: Connection refused
Connected to 204.152.184.73
Rejected by server: Access limit exceeded; try again later
Will retry at 16:27:34

I get the same from a large number of systems. I moved to use cvsup2 and
it works fine.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)