FreeBSD Port: portupgrade-2.4.3_2,2

Ken Menzel kenfreebsd at icarz.com
Thu Apr 17 17:50:50 UTC 2008

Laurent Grangeau wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I'm having trouble running portupgrade -ra after upgrading from 6.3 to 7.0
> with the freebsd-update util. When I try to run portupgrade, it says :
>
> "Fatal error 'Cannot allocate red zone for initial thread' at line 384 in
> file /usr/src/lib/libthr/thread/thr_init.c (errno = 12)"
>
> I've got some troubles running freebsd-update, and I have made some change
> manually, like install ports/misc/compat6x in order to have my old apps
> running, rename INDEX-6.db to INDEX-6.db.old and reconstruct it.
>
> I don't see where the problem comes from and I don't know how to solve it. I
> have searched on Google and I didn't find anything that can help me. I have
> no /usr/src sub-directories.
>
> Regards,

Lauren,   It sounds like you have partially updated some ports and you
now have a library conflict with two versions of libc. Make sure your
ports collections is up to date (using csup ports.sup or you favorite
method ) Then, run cd /usr/ports;make fetchindex .  Then delete
portupgrade using pkg_delete portupgrade\* and cd
/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade; make install.  You may also want to
reinstall ruby this way before reinstalling portupgrade.  After
portupgraded is installed  rm /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db and portupgrade will
rebuild it.

Hope this helps you,
Ken