mc, centerim & centerim-devel partly broken/cyrillic problems

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Thu Apr 17 15:25:19 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I have some strange problems with those ports. misc/mc no more draw
windows borders.
Sometimes it happens to draw some symbols when one expect lines, but for
first time I see no borders at all,
just spaces.
At the same time Cyrillic in centerim (jabber) is now broken. I was
wandering what can broke this.
Because of new gnome update I upgraded using portupgrade -P (packages),
so I thought something
is not compiled ok. But today I switches from 6.3 to 7-STABLE, and
removed almost all ports
the ports that left where some libX* held hostages of nvidia-driver. All
ports where recompiled
and I installed misc/mc and net-im/centerim with the hope, that the
problem will disappear.
Unfortunately it is still here. Even when I send messages to myself they
are unreadable.

I'm to blame new glib and gnome, but centerim depends only on curl,
gettext, gmake & libiconv ..
Any ideas?

Is there good howto use UTF-8? ncurses in FreeBSD support UTF-8, KDE
support it too, so I still do not understand why UTF-8 is so broken
under FreeBSD. For comparison most Linux distros work out of the box
when we talk about UTF-8.

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev