Building Ruby Ports

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at exit2shell.com
Wed Apr 16 16:08:24 UTC 2008

Greetings-

I am currently in the process of building a FreeBSD port for a Ruby on Rails
application and I have run into an issue I am hoping someone can help
provide me a solution for.

The port had a couple of dependencies on Ruby gems that no port currently
exists for, so I created ports and opened PRs for them.

However, the application I am currently building a port for requires
ruby-gettext 1.9.0. The port that currently exists in cvs is 1.10.0 and the
application refuses to run with that version. I believe this is for
compatibility with the gettextilize plugin

I am currently working around this issue by installing the gem by hand
(gem install -v 1.9.0)

Right now it looks like my only course of action is to create a port for
this and keep it at that version, which seems kinda sloppy. I am curious if
anyone has a cleaner solution. I am all ears.

Thanks

--
Steven Kreuzer
http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer