Openldap server install failure - openldap client conflict

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Wed Apr 16 11:54:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 08:46 +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> Da Rock wrote:
>
> > Actually, let me clarify: The error message I get is
> > openldap-sasl-server-2.3.40 conflicts with installed package
> > openldap-client-2.3.40, they install files into the same place.
> >
> > Therefore, I cannot install openldap server 2.3.40
>
> Add
>
>   WANT_SASL=yes
>
> to /etc/make.conf, then:
>
>   portupgrade -f openldap-client-2.3.40
>
> which will turn into openldap-sasl-client-2.3.40 once reinstalled.
> The install openldap-sasl-server-2.3.40.
>
> et voilà.

Yeah, I kinda figured that out - it sometimes takes a while to get
through my thick head... Thanks though.

My concern is that I think I stuffed up something- I deinstalled
openldap client and installed the server, which installed what it
required. My worry is, even though I didn't have anything setup
specifically for ldap support in the apps, will this affect them
(sasl-ldap v ldap)? Or are they only using the libraries- not the config
files? I'm probably just paranoid...