fprint (finger print sensor framework) port ready for testing

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 15 19:43:49 UTC 2008

Outback Dingo wrote:
> pam_fprint works (see below) but when i try to run the fprint demo i get
>
> STATUS: No Devices Found

Are you sure you have r/w access to the sensor's USB device?

> pam_fprint_enroll -f 7
> This program will enroll your finger, unconditionally overwriting any selected
> print that was enrolled previously. If you want to continue, press enter,
> otherwise hit Ctrl+C
>
> Found device claimed by UPEK TouchStrip driver
> Opened device. It's now time to enroll your finger.
>
> You will need to successfully scan your Right Index Finger 3 times to complete
> the process.
>
> Scan your finger now.
> upekts:error [read_msg] non-zero bytes in cmd response
> upekts:error [read_msg28] expected response, got -1 seq=40

Something seems to go wrong. I have never seenn this error message.

Which sensor are you using? Can you send me the output of `usbdevs -vd'
in a private mail please?

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de