fprint (finger print sensor framework) port ready for testing

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 15 19:38:38 UTC 2008

Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> As I understand, pam module requires user name first.
> So there no way to make gdm/kdm/*dm just scan image, find apropriate
> user and login him ?

As far as I can tell, it currently is not supported, but somebody seems
to work on it:

http://www.mail-archive.com/fprint@reactivated.net/msg00471.html

> ???Have you seen/reviewed security/bioapi and security/bsp_upektfmess
> (later works only on RELENG_6 now) ?

Yes. In the mean time, there even is a binary of the UPEK driver for
FreeBSD 7 i386, but the pam module did not work for me.

> Looks like fprint ports are introduce one new bioapi ?

Yes, but at it seems, the developers deliberated well about it:

http://www.reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/FAQ#Why_no_BioAPI.3F

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de