RUN_DEPENDS problem

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Thu Apr 10 18:03:38 UTC 2008

I'm working on an update to the sguil-server port, and I'm having a problem
with an OPTION that includes a RUN_DEPENDS.  The dependent port does not
install, even when the OPTION is true.  (I checked that it was in
/var/db/ports/sguil-server/options.)

Note: (this may be relevant).  The port presently resides *outside* of
/usr/ports, because I'm not yet ready to replace the existing port with the
updated one.  All the other dependent ports install, but the optional port does
not.

Here's the relevant portion of the Makefile.  Perhaps someone can point out my
glaring error?

PORTNAME=       sguil-server
PORTVERSION=    0.7.0
CATEGORIES=     security
MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE}
MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=     sguil

MAINTAINER=     pauls at utdallas.edu
COMMENT=        Sguil is a network security monitoring program

RUN_DEPENDS=    p0f:${PORTSDIR}/net-mgmt/p0f \
                tcpflow:${PORTSDIR}/net/tcpflow \
                dtplite:${PORTSDIR}/devel/tcllib \
                ${LOCALBASE}/lib/tclx8.4/tclx.tcl:${PORTSDIR}/lang/tclX
LIB_DEPENDS=    tls:${PORTSDIR}/devel/tcltls

NO_BUILD=       yes
USE_RC_SUBR=    sguild.sh
TCLSH_CMD?=     ${PREFIX}/bin/tclsh8.4
SGUILDIR?=      sguil-server
Makefile: 106 lines, 3836 characters
[root at utd65257 /home/pauls/sguil-server]# less Makefile
# New ports collection makefile for:    sguil-server
# Date created:                         9 Oct 2006
# Whom:                                 Paul Schmehl <pauls at utdallas.edu>
#
# $FreeBSD: ports/security/sguil-server/Makefile,v 1.4 2007/01/16 12:45:12 bsam
Exp $
#

MAINTAINER=     pauls at utdallas.edu
COMMENT=        Sguil is a network security monitoring program

RUN_DEPENDS=    p0f:${PORTSDIR}/net-mgmt/p0f \
                tcpflow:${PORTSDIR}/net/tcpflow \
                dtplite:${PORTSDIR}/devel/tcllib \
                ${LOCALBASE}/lib/tclx8.4/tclx.tcl:${PORTSDIR}/lang/tclX
LIB_DEPENDS=    tls:${PORTSDIR}/devel/tcltls

NO_BUILD=       yes
USE_RC_SUBR=    sguild.sh
TCLSH_CMD?=     ${PREFIX}/bin/tclsh8.4
SGUILDIR?=      sguil-server
WRKSRC=         ${WRKDIR}/sguil-${PORTVERSION}
PATCH_WRKSRC=   ${WRKSRC}/server
PLIST_SUB=      SGUILDIR=${SGUILDIR}
SUB_FILES=      pkg-message pkg-install pkg-deinstall
SUB_LIST=       SGUILDIR=${SGUILDIR} TCLSH=${TCLSH_CMD} CURDIR=${.CURDIR} \
                WRKSRC=${WRKSRC} DOCSDIR=${DOCSDIR}
LIBRARIES=      SguildAccess.tcl SguildGenericDB.tcl SguildReportBuilder.tcl \
                SguildAutoCat.tcl SguildGenericEvent.tcl SguildSendComms.tcl \
                SguildClientCmdRcvd.tcl SguildHealthChecks.tcl
SguildSensorAgentComms.tcl \
                SguildConnect.tcl SguildLoaderd.tcl SguildSensorCmdRcvd.tcl \
                SguildCreateDB.tcl SguildMysqlMerge.tcl SguildTranscript.tcl \
                SguildEmailEvent.tcl SguildPadsLib.tcl SguildUtils.tcl \
                SguildEvent.tcl SguildQueryd.tcl
SCRIPTS=        create_ruledb.sql update_0.7.tcl update_sguildb_v7-v8.sql \
                create_sguildb.sql update_sguildb_v10-v11.sql
update_sguildb_v8-v9.sql \
                migrate_event.tcl update_sguildb_v11-v12.sql
update_sguildb_v9-v10.sql \
                migrate_sancp.tcl update_sguildb_v5-v6.sql sancp_cleanup.tcl
update_sguildb_v6-v7.sql
CONFS=          autocat.conf sguild.access sguild.conf sguild.email
sguild.queries sguild.reports sguild.users

PORTDOCS=       CHANGES FAQ INSTALL INSTALL.openbsd LICENSE.QPL \
                OPENSSL.README TODO UPGRADE USAGE sguildb.dia

OPTIONS=        MYSQL "Install mysql server" off

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

.if defined(WITH_MYSQL)
RUN_DEPENDS+=   mysql:${PORTSDIR}/databases/mysql50-server
.endif

MYSQLTCL_VER!=  cd ${PORTSDIR}/databases/mysqltcl && ${MAKE} -V PORTVERSION

RUN_DEPENDS+=
${LOCALBASE}/lib/mysqltcl-${MYSQLTCL_VER}:${PORTSDIR}/databases/mysqltcl

And here's /var/db/ports/sguil-server/options:

# less /var/db/ports/sguil-server/options
# This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
# No user-servicable parts inside!
# Options for sguil-server-0.7.0
_OPTIONS_READ=sguil-server-0.7.0
WITH_MYSQL=true