FreeBSD Custom Package Server

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci at p6m7g8.com
Sun Apr 6 07:25:31 UTC 2008

Maxim Khitrov wrote:
> I'll take a look at it, but from the description it sounds like I'd
> have the same problem. For example, I need to install php5 on two of
> the machines, but one doesn't need the cgi binary, only cli. There
> doesn't seem to be an easy way to separate the two builds without a
> second jail.
It does exactly that.

$ /tc createBuild -b 7.0-PHPB -j 7.0 -p FreeBSD \
     -d "7.0-RELEASE with PHP Binary"

$ /tc createBuild -b 7.0-PHP -j 7.0 -p FreeBSD \
     -d "7.0-RELEASE without PHP Binary"

you then have a different make.conf for each and both share the same
ports and src trees.

Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci at p6m7g8.com)
c:703.336.9354
Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/resume.txt
http://riderway.com / http://ridecharge.com
1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.