Latest OpenOffice and diable-jdk15 errors was Re: openoffice and java

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Apr 5 13:14:41 UTC 2008

Quoting Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com>:

> David Booth writes:
>
>>  I do not have a suggested fix, but I found similar behavior when
>>  I tried to compile it with JDK 1.6.  Diablo 1.5 worked fine for
>>  me though.
>
> 	From the Makefile:
>
> USE_JAVA=       yes
> JAVA_BUILD=     jdk
> JAVA_VENDOR=    freebsd bsdjava
> .if (${OSVERSION} >= 700000)
> JAVA_VERSION=   1.5
> .else
> JAVA_VERSION=   1.4 1.5
> .endif
>
> 	OOv2 is not rated for JDK-1.6.

Interesting.  Could it be that I am the only that gets the message
with diablo?

It would appear that I need to follow the instructions which include
the config.log http://encontacto.net/Share/amd64/config.log and the
pkg list http://encontacto.net/Share/amd64/ls_var-db-pkg.txt for the
AMD64 and the same for the
i386.http://encontacto.net/Share/i386/config.log and
http://encontacto.net/Share/i386/ls_var-db-pkg.txt

I have a couple of other machines doing the same with i386 with intel
processors but hopefully these 2 will be enough for someone who
understands the configuration to give some suggestions.

Thanks for any and all help,

ed