gnutls-2.2.2 segfaults

Chris chrcoluk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 05:55:22 UTC 2008

I upgraded to the latest gnutls-2.2.2 port in addition libgcrypt is
also updated.  For over a month now the port has been buggy and
segfaults.

1 - certtool tool seg faults on execution.
2 - everything I compile that depends on gnutls such as the gnutls
module for inspircd segfaults.

gnutls-2.2.2 wont compile on the older libgcrypt it has a forced
dependency on the latest so I had to downgrade both, when I downgrade
both with portdowngrade and a recompile it no longer crashes, this is
also not a one off and happens on freebsd 5.x 6.x and 7.x on 8
different servers not a single server works with gnutls-2.2.2.

So my question is does anyone not have this problem? or they have had
this problem but know how ti fix it without downgrading?

I emailed both port maitainers for libgcrypt and gnutls and neither responded.

Thanks

Chris