bsd.port.options.mk status

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Mon Sep 10 10:42:04 PDT 2007

* Pav Lucistnik (pav at FreeBSD.org) wrote:

> > Understood. Then we really have to wait till 5.5 and 6.2 EOL to use
> > options.mk... That's a bit strange to wait multiple years for an
> > useful feature, aren't there any workaround planned?
> The question is, are there any workarounds possible?
Well... The first thing that comes into my mind is a port that does:

do-install:
	@if [ ! -e /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.options.mk ]; then \
		${CP} ${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.port.options.mk /usr/share/mk; \
	fi

This port should be automatically added to EXTRACT_DEPENDS from
bsd.port.mk on specific FreeBSD versions (similar to how ports-mgmt/pkg_install
is added to depends on some FreeBSD versions now):

.if ((${OSVERSION} < ...) ...)
EXTRACT_DEPENDS+=	/usr/share/Mk/bsd.port.options.mk:${PORTSDIR}/ports-mgmt/options_mk
.fi

Of course, this won't help if one tries to install port that includes
bsd.port.options.mk right away, but:
1) We can wait some time before submitting options.mk-including ports
2) Even if we don't, I think there's high probability that this fix
is installed for most users, so they won't even notice any problems, as
any port install/update will also install the fix.
3) Note in CHANGES for lucky ones who encounter `Could not find
bsd.port.options.mk' error, with trivial fix.

--
Best regards,
  Dmitry Marakasov               mailto:amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru