bsd.port.options.mk status

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Sep 10 10:03:32 PDT 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:58:34 -0500, Pav Lucistnik <pav at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Dmitry Marakasov píše v po 10. 09. 2007 v 19:26 +0400:

>> -STABLE
>> supports it
>> missing
>> > The make only looks into /usr/share/mk for includes, until told
>> > otherwise. bsd.port.options.mk is included before bsd.port.pre.mk, so
>> it
>> > can't be found. Base system was modified to install stub of the same
>> > name into /usr/share/mk to workaround this problem.
>> Understood. Then we really have to wait till 5.5 and 6.2 EOL to use
>> options.mk... That's a bit strange to wait multiple years for an
>> useful feature, aren't there any workaround planned?
>
> The question is, are there any workarounds possible?

Create a port of that, the old FreeBSD versions depend on it to install in
/usr/share/mk. I kind of don't like it, but it looks like it's only a
solution if it has to be in /usr/share/mk.

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org