bsd.port.options.mk status

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 9 13:39:30 PDT 2007

Dmitry Marakasov píše v ne 09. 09. 2007 v 23:46 +0400:

> CHANGES of 20060930 state that exeperimental bsd.port.options.mk has
> been added for OPTIONS to be able to influence dependencies. I need that
> feature for some of my ports, so I wanted to know what's the status for
> it?
>
> .include <bsd.port.options.mk> doesn't work, but using full path works,
> and makes it possible to use things like USE_QT_VER or USE_SDL
> conditionally depending on what OPTIONS are set.
>
> So, is it possible to use this feature, or are there still any issues
> not allowing use of options.mk in ports?

It's possible to use this feature, but only on -CURRENT and -STABLE
FreeBSD systems newer than certain date. No existing release supports it
- it will be supported in upcoming 6.3 and 7.0.

I would advise not to use it in your port yet. Maybe in two or three
years.

Note that hardcoding /usr/ports to your port breaks the port for users
with nonstandard PORTSDIR.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>